Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GF Rig SS that im looking to make it into a 1x9 So im looking for a hub that will last maybe 1 season (im planning to switch it back to single speed ) untill i get my FS mid to end of summer so what would be good for me Im thinking an XT M756 cause there not to expencive and i had some on my 26er and i liked um but will these do fine with a 29er? I ride XC trails in OK not to much up hill not much DH pretty flat.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I have XT hubs on my cross bike with 700c wheels. It primarily sees pavement, but handles the trails just fine as well. They're pretty good hubs for the price.

Can't answer specifically about a 29er, but I can't imagine any issues with them.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
No, you really need to get a specific 29er hub :rolleyes: Preferably one ol' Gary himself blessed...I think he calls them G2 hubs :rolleyes: Make sure it's the one year disposable model, too. Oh, and riding in Oklahoma is really a stress on mountain bike components, so you better make sure they have the OK seal of approval...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.