Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
likes to ride bikes
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a nice, safe, but light and bump-compliant seatpost in 400mm length. It also needs to have a setback of 25mm or so, and it must be 27.2mm diameter for me.

Right now I see the carbon fiber Truvativ Noir Team and Noir World Cup posts at about 250g. That's not terribly light and reviews say they're kind of stiff. Is titanium a better material for weight and vibration damping at this length?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Ericksen Ti is my vote

I have exactly what your lookin for and very bump compliant. I think from memory it was somewhere in the low 200's for weight. It's on my ridged SS. Beautiful craftsmanship.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Like the Moots Ti I found at a local swapmeet a while back.

380mm and came in at about 235g. Has setback, and is 27.2mm.

Was using a Salsa Shaft at 27.2 X 400, and that came in at 298g.

JmZ

·
likes to ride bikes
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Kent Eriksen is a sweetpost for sure, alas:

"Our seatpost hardware fits traditional, round style, 7 mm diameter saddle rails. This accommodates about 90% of the saddles on the market. Please note, some rails are tighter to mount into the hardware than others."

My Selle Italia Flite XC Gel flow saddle has fat rails, 9mm I believe. I'm going over the seatposts I found very carefully to see which will be compatible with it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I thought Kent had the option to supply the seatpost with larger rail clamp? I'd call him and ask. You are not going to a more perfect choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts