Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a KHS FR 2000 with Maxxis Mobster front and Holyroller rear(24")and Intense dh tubes.What the hell was I thinking.Maybe that I was going to race my DH 50 in the old man catagory.I still might!Between tires and tubes I could save almost 3lbs.So what would be a better light weight solution?I was thinking the Conti Deisil front,Arrow Blitz rear.
Any ideas out there?

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Stevirey said:
I got a KHS FR 2000 with Maxxis Mobster front and Holyroller rear(24")and Intense dh tubes.What the hell was I thinking.Maybe that I was going to race my DH 50 in the old man catagory.I still might!Between tires and tubes I could save almost 3lbs.So what would be a better light weight solution?I was thinking the Conti Deisil front,Arrow Blitz rear.
Any ideas out there?
Whats wrong with what you have? Thats a great combination! If you want to loose weight then swap the tubes for standard or heavy duty. If the tires are the DH type you wont have any problem unless your a big dude, then you dont have a choice. I run a WTB TimberWolf 2.5 with std. tube up front at & Maxxis 2.35 60dur with DH tube rear both at 26psi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.