Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Formerly NattyBoh74...
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, im not sure if its an operator error or these things just dont last that long. but seems like i can only get about 15-20 tire changes with my plastic levers. ive tried them all. the best ones thats ive seen were at walmart for like 1.97 and yeah i know at that price i cna replace them all the time. but what if im in the woods and they break... so i need something thats durable, i seen the park metal ones, but that would make me weary of pinching a tube. Any thoughts? thanks

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
for manly tires, i use the park steel.....i honestly feel they are far less prone to pinching tubes. Intense steel levers are nice too. ONLY downside is that they are heavy but so are the tires if you have to carry these with you so who gives an eff

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
Pedros work really well but my buddy broke one. He emailed them and they sent him a new set for free.

I've found some really nice plastic covered metal ones. They are nice and narrow which makes inserting the second lever way easier.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
I personally don't like the metal levers because they can scratch or damage your rim.....

I do like the wide Pedro's levers.....have never had an issue with them

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/TL707I00-Pedros+Tire+Lever.aspx
liked them too.....till they also snapped last week trying to put on (1 broke) and then removing (other broke)......needed park steel to do job. needless to say, those tires are WAY overkill and i am now back to using pedros with more "reasonable" tires.

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Someone mentioned these above....Soma

You cannot beat the Soma levers. They have a steel core, surrounded by plastic, so its not going to damage your gear, unlike any of the metal levers. I have seen rims damaged with those to the point where the tires seat wrong. I have used the majority of plastic levers at work...Quik stiks, park, intense, crank bros., etc. Nothing beats the Soma steel cores. Nothing. Easy to get into a tight bead, doesn't flex, and most importantly...never breaks. Get them.

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
Andrewpalooza said:
Someone mentioned these above....Soma

You cannot beat the Soma levers. They have a steel core, surrounded by plastic, so its not going to damage your gear, unlike any of the metal levers. I have seen rims damaged with those to the point where the tires seat wrong. I have used the majority of plastic levers at work...Quik stiks, park, intense, crank bros., etc. Nothing beats the Soma steel cores. Nothing. Easy to get into a tight bead, doesn't flex, and most importantly...never breaks. Get them.
Those are the ones I have. Best levers by far.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
FoShizzle said:
liked them too.....till they also snapped last week trying to put on (1 broke) and then removing (other broke)......needed park steel to do job. needless to say, those tires are WAY overkill and i am now back to using pedros with more "reasonable" tires.
it sounds like you're pretty hamfisted haha.

either way, sounds like you need metal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.