Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
the cheapest way

2 two by fours next to each other and then nail in boards well like this. this is the cheapest. so set up is put 2 boards in the back parrell. then put ur bike tire inbetween a space and mesure it. then put 2 pieces of wood perpendicular to it and nail those down horizontally. then put another piece of wood on top of that first layer. then tie downs and you should be good.

something like that. sorry i dont have a good picture.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
trail bait said:
the problem withe the blanket is put a jump bike against a dh bike and youre liable to scaratch the paint on the bigger bike if youre not careful du to the hieght difference
Do you know that rocks can also cause paint scratches, better just keep it at home.

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Juklano said:
https://dhreno.wordpress.com/2007/06/27/pickup-truck-bike-rack/

Instructions: https://www.utahmountainbiking.com/bikerack/makerack.htm

If you don't mind making this I think its a great idea! The PVC won't scratch your bed and you can make multiple for cheap.
I built one. Works great for long hauls with 3 or less bikes. You can put the bikes in the rack and jam stuff in the bed.

But for shuttling I just throw them over the tail gate.

WHO CARES IF YOUR DH BIKE GETS SCRATCHED!!!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
trail bait said:
maybe if I was mommy and daddy sponsored I wouldn't care about my stuff or the people around me stuff but I'm not that rude
Who the **** said that mommy and daddy buy me everything, im paying off a 5 grand dh bike right now, all im saying is that if your really worried that much about scratches and skuffs from shuttleing thats the least of your worries.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
hab1b said:
i second the moving the blanket on the tail gate. its cheap and very effective. it will look just like this.

BAM!!!
Yep, best & easiest way to load & unload a bike, and they all fit w/o removin' any parts.

Attachments

·
Huh?
848 Posts

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
That explains how those scratches got there. I thought it was from RIDING the bike. Ah well, is still scratched so I may as well continue using this method. Plus I can carry 9 bikes up at a time :thumbsup:

trail bait said:
the problem withe the blanket is put a jump bike against a dh bike and youre liable to scaratch the paint on the bigger bike if youre not careful du to the hieght difference

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.