Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stumpjumper fsr pro and I am finding it awkward finding the right rack to fit the frame.

Anyone know the best setup for the bike? I have the soris bones 3 right now and it looks like it will work. But not in the standard setup. The bike holders won't really fit through the center of the bike.

any advice would be appreciated.

this is the bike!

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Any rack will work....

.... as long as you get a cross bar that goes between the stem and seatpost.

Just make sure your rack is mounted up far enough, and your seatpost is down far enough so your wheels don't drag on the ground when you pull out of your driveway.

*edit* I have the same frame. I have an '03 Stumpjumper FSR-XC.

·
Registered
203 Posts
pimpbot said:
.... as long as you get a cross bar that goes between the stem and seatpost.

Just make sure your rack is mounted up far enough, and your seatpost is down far enough so your wheels don't drag on the ground when you pull out of your driveway.

*edit* I have the same frame. I have an '03 Stumpjumper FSR-XC.
I am wondering how you guys who use this bar lock up your bike to the car/rack for, say, a 2 min. run into a store?

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
You don't!

hkwan said:
I am wondering how you guys who use this bar lock up your bike to the car/rack for, say, a 2 min. run into a store?
You run a cable through the tow hook or bumper support and around your bike. No such thing as a secure bike rack. You can defeat most of those built-in locks with a big screwdriver and a pair of pliers in about 3 seconds. I don't trust them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.