Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to pull my EBB for it's 60 day cleaning and regreasing. I used Phil's Waterproof last time. Is there anything better??? It seems that I'm wiping away more excess grease than I put on there in the first place. Let's see... I have some TriFlow waterproof w/ PFTT
Anti-seeze compound(silver)
Hi Temp AS comp(copper)
Hi Temp CV joint grease
wheel bearing grease
And a lubricant to be
named later
- Bob

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
I have the Bushy EBB in a titanium frame....possibly the worst "seizability" imaginable, other than a rusty steel frame interface??

I initially used some copper coloured anti-seize, but have recently switched to a white grease produced by Finish Line.

My thoughts?? The EBB shell is under ZERO stress, so any lubricant that allows it's periodic removal is plenty sufficient! Both of the products I've used have worked just dandy....

Use whatever allows REMOVAL!

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
great thread guys!
i will stock up on more Phil's in anticipation of my Waltworks arrival (Friday perhaps!). :D
sounds like the most important thing is regular maintanance and love.

OGG

·
Expert Pushing SSer
1,503 Posts
XCBob said:
And a lubricant to be named later
Well? What is it? I think cost wise, if you are doing a lot of tear downs and re-grease, the wheel bearing or CV grease would be the way to go. I use a scoop of the Finish Line white grease. Alas, I have a pinch bolt EBB, so I am not sure what different grease choice considerations need to be made for pinch vs. wedge.

Yes, good thread.

Mike

·
Registered
804 Posts
OneGearGuy said:
great thread guys!
i will stock up on more Phil's in anticipation of my Waltworks arrival (Friday perhaps!). :D
sounds like the most important thing is regular maintanance and love.

OGG
Damn you OGG, I want my frame on Friday perhaps too. Be sure to post pics and spread the fresh Phil on that EBB like it's going out of style.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.