Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Void Plus Red | Products | ThorMX
All,

I'm looking for a set of full-fingered gloves for a clyde (Long, scrawny fingers). I've tried the Giro Xen and liked them but looking for something with a little extra length in the fingers? Any suggestions?
I would suggest taking a look at your local powersports/MX type shop, most of the MX gloves these days are very thin/minimal and a great MTB bike glove, Thor makes a good option, Klim makes a great wet or cold weather option.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I wear cheap fly racings, they are full mesh and have some foam backing and fit my big hands fine.

I wanted more expensive ones and the guy at the moto store was like gloves are disposable, get cheap ones cause they wear out and the palm gets wet and turn to crap so fair enough i went with the base ones and no complaints.

Cold weather i wear motorfist kill switch gloves, i bought them for mountain sledding but they have no wrist coverage, great for biking and have a full leather palm.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm getting to the show kind of late, but my 2 cents:
I've only owned 3 pairs of full fingered gloves: Mechanix, Fox Dirt Paws, and a new pair of Fox Blitz.
They have all worked well. The Mechanix stretched out a lot early on. Maybe I could have gotten away with a size smaller. I used them for riding as well as work in a wood shop and never wore a hole in them or had stitches come loose. At less than $20 they are an unbeatable value.
The Dirt Paws were nice but the Fox size chart is a lie. It advised that I get an XL by finger length and palm girth. The palm was snug but not uncomfortable. The fingers were just too short. Functionally they worked fine but the ill fit took a toll on the durability. The stitching started coming loose between the fingers after a year of light riding. A year later they were worthless. I don't blame this on their quality, just the poor fit advised by Fox.
I just bought the Fox Blitz. It's a moto glove that has been discontinued but you can find them on Ebay. I've only got two rides on them so I can't speak to their durability but I can say that the fit/feel/function are the best that I have had in a glove, full or half finger.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Raced moto all my life now im on mtbs. I've always used troy lee design gloves. Best gloves around for durability. I go thru gloves alot but my TLD gloves last the longest and usually just wear out. All others rip at the wrist or some stupid crap. Ive tried em all, fox, answer, shift, msr, etc. TLD is best but you will pay a bit more.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Yup...my Troy Lee's are on their 3rd season of riding I think, maybe forth, with only wear around the wrists where I pull them on and off. The rest of the gloves look almost like new. The ones I have are discontinued...I need to scrounge another pair or two for future use.

·
S-Mart's Top of the Line
306 Posts
I third the mechanix suggestion. They are cheap, easy to come by and they hold up extremely well!

If I wanted to be a brand name billboard, I'd wear spandex and hang out with the roadies or go play golf.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have one pair of Fox Dirt Paw's that are two years old size 2XL, they have been great, and a second pair that are one year old. I ride 3-5 times a week XC and they have held up well. I went to two pairs so that when I wash them after a couple weeks and let them air dry, I have a second pair. I agree that the fingers are a little shorter by size than advertised, so I bought the second pair one size up in 3XL, and they fit better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.