Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Best Fork upgrade for the $$......Magura or Lefty?

937 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  nathanbal 
#1 ·
I was wondering about the Magura Headshok mod.....has anyone done a before+after review? Is their claim of 80mm travel real?.....that would give it about 30mm more travel than my 01' SuperFatty DL has. In my Cannondale's manual it says "80mm of travel" but on my bike ive measured the travel at around 50-60mm.

the Maguro looks a lot easier to deal with than a Lefty install, and cheaper too becouse i wont have to source new wheels and disc brake.

I know, 80mm versus 140mm is like comparing Apples and Oranges, but i ride Florida single track/ XC and i prolly dont need 140mm travel....and ive heard the Lefty greatly changes the head angle on 01' F600's.

I couldnt find much info in the archives so any advice would be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
i would guess you at the least need to reset the needle bearings in your fork, that will allow it to have full travel(read cheap).

as per the magura damper (i personally have never used one but ask everyone i see how they like it) most have nothing bad to say, but nothing great to say either. most recently a guy said his shop hated working on it (the magura damper itself)

that being said i would try one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.