Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Paper or plastic?
10,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy got a Reign 1 and the fork ain't too good. What would be a good replacement? He'd be looking more for a light air travel-adjustable for.

·
Registered
245 Posts
zorg said:
My buddy got a Reign 1 and the fork ain't too good. What would be a good replacement? He'd be looking more for a light air travel-adjustable for.
The day I got my Reign 1, I took off the Nixon fork and replaced it with a Rock Shox Pike air. I have to say it is a beautiful mix. Rides much better than the Manitou Nixon it came with.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thats what I like to hear. I'm pretty close to buying a reign 1 myself. It should be released in Australia in the next few weeks. Apparently it will be specced with the rockshox pike air straight out of the box. I'm trying to decide between the reign 1 and prophet 1000. Any views on this choice ?

·
Paper or plastic?
10,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
reignyoregon said:
I had the '04 model Manitou Minute 3 on my Reign and loved it but got a deal on a Maverik DUC 32. Just installed it and hopefully will get to ride this weekend. I'll post next week how it rides.
Let us know. Buddy ended up getting the DUC 32 also. He's getting his next week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
zorg said:
Let us know. Buddy ended up getting the DUC 32 also. He's getting his next week.
Ok, I did not get a huge ride in but I did get to spin around a little this past weekend...

The Manitou 3 felt much more adjustable and was much more quiet (maverick clunks when I bring the front off the ground - Legs extending out?). The Maveric definitely feels as though it can take bigger hits and is a little more stable than the Manitou. I'm not sure if I really like it much more or not??? They are both about the same height so I don't think it changed my head angle or anything. The bike felt almost identical to me. I think I would prefer the Manitou on long rides and the Maverick if I'm going to be bouncing around.

Let me rate them:

Less Flex - Maverick
Adjustability - Manitou
Less Weight - Maverick (i have not actually weighed them just going on feel)
Macho Factor - Maverick
Reliability - Manitou
Long Ride - Manitou
Big Hits - Maverick

I'm going to hold onto my Manitou for a while and just keep riding this Maverick. I'd like to give it some more time before I decide one way or the other.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well buddy rode the DUC 32 this w-e

reignyoregon said:
Ok, I did not get a huge ride in but I did get to spin around a little this past weekend...

The Manitou 3 felt much more adjustable and was much more quiet (maverick clunks when I bring the front off the ground - Legs extending out?). The Maveric definitely feels as though it can take bigger hits and is a little more stable than the Manitou. I'm not sure if I really like it much more or not??? They are both about the same height so I don't think it changed my head angle or anything. The bike felt almost identical to me. I think I would prefer the Manitou on long rides and the Maverick if I'm going to be bouncing around.

Let me rate them:

Less Flex - Maverick
Adjustability - Manitou
Less Weight - Maverick (i have not actually weighed them just going on feel)
Macho Factor - Maverick
Reliability - Manitou
Long Ride - Manitou
Big Hits - Maverick

I'm going to hold onto my Manitou for a while and just keep riding this Maverick. I'd like to give it some more time before I decide one way or the other.
And he absolutely loved it. He really enjoyed the easy to reach travel adjustment lever. As luck would have it, the silver Mav matches his frame perfectly too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.