Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 14.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a list of common fork/shock oils if you need reference/remember the name.

By best I mean you got the best results: better damping, lower stiction, overall better feel etc. Post another oil if you can't find it on the poll (I could only put 10 up there)

Thank you.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
yeah...after RockOil...the G.S. is my very close second pick. Rock is a bit hard to locate and times, and G.S. is in about every moto shop I've ever gone into.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,605 Posts
It doesn't F-ing matter, they are all more similer than different. Yes, some of the weights vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but other than that it doesn't matter.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
I've used BelRay, GS, PJ1, ATF (Dexron, Quaker State Semi-Synth and Mobil 1 Synth), and probably a bunch of others. I know to stay away from Silkolene, but otherwise, like Jayem says, if one can match the weights, it's hard to tell the difference.

I just care that the seals are protected and friction is reduced over running a fork dry from the factory.

·
...for I am a raindog too
267 Posts
Jayem said:
It doesn't F-ing matter
I couldn't agree more-- I use spectro-- as it is what my local moto-cycle shop carries-- but I'd never hunt out a specific brand.

Haven't even heard of half of those brands.... I think it all comes down to maintenance-good maintenance practices with x brand of fork oil will keep your ride feeling nice.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
There's a big big BIG difference between the low end crap and something super high quality. Redline and Ohlins are by far the best, and so is Pro Circuit. For mine, since I change it often and I'm somewhat cheap on things that are disposable, I just go with the Pro Honda stuff available at any moto shop.

·
Registered
251 Posts
DHidiot said:
There's a big big BIG difference between the low end crap and something super high quality. Redline and Ohlins are by far the best, and so is Pro Circuit. For mine, since I change it often and I'm somewhat cheap on things that are disposable, I just go with the Pro Honda stuff available at any moto shop.
Once again you live up to your forum name

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,605 Posts
LonesomeCowboyBert said:
You must be bored, its just oil
No doubt.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.