Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have been using the Pedros' pro stand for over 4 years now and absolutely love it, the clamp is similar to a quick clamp used for woodworking and other household jobs, so with carbon it shouldn't be an issue, after all you should never clamp a carbon tube, seat posts are fine but carbon frame tubes should be a no-no, however I am guilty of clamping a fancy carbon frame when there is no way to clamp a seat tube such as those found on Time Trial bikes (Cervelo p3, Spec Transition or any other bike with an aero seatpost) I just remember not to torque the bike alot when supported by a frame tube.

I also used this stand the two years I spent wrenching for the Rotec DH team and it can hold a heavy DH bike with ease.

It folds up very easily and it even has a couple bottle openers on it for post wrenching hydration

Attachments

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
I've been using...

the Bontrager Pro Wrench stand for about a year. It is the most stable portable stand that I've ever used. It isn't a light as some but it does fold down nicely and comes with it's own carry bag. The stand also has a truing stand incorporated into the design for minor truing repairs, and uses a screw type clamp rather than a spring lever so clamping carbon isn't a guessing game. Another nice feature is that L shaped arm under the clamp in the illustration. It allows you to rest the bike on it while clamping so there is no struggling to hold the bike in position and adjust the clamp at the same time. The only draw back is the wide stance of the support legs. Extremely stable and great suppor, but they do require a bit of extra room when compared to some stands. Not cheap either, about $250, but a very reliable and stable stand even on uneven surfaces.

Good Dirt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great info guys, thanks! I have plenty of room in my garage to work on the bike, but I just want to be able to fold it up and put it in the corner, or take it with me on longer trips, but I have plenty of room in my truck as well as long as it folds up. My accountant says I can write this off as tools for work, so price isn't so much a concern as quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.