Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Evolutionsverlierer
3,081 Posts
I would go with OneUp but have you checked that you have the clearance for a 170mm dropper?

·
Evolutionsverlierer
3,081 Posts
No but OneUp are known to be very user friendly and easy to be serviced at home while being affordable which is the reason why I got one.

My GF’s bike has a PNW which I also like but the main reason to get that one was because I needed an external dropper for her bike.

I also have a 1. gen Transfer post and that has being rock solid besides only needing a bit of suspension grease applied to the stanchion lately to work like new again after 4 years of so of use.

What is the reason for asking with experience with a dropper in a Release?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 150mm OneUp V2 on my 2019 Release 29 2 - Size Medium. I believe you'd be able to fit a 170 on a medium, but you'd want to do some measurements first. OneUp has a chart on their website that should help. I'll say that I really enjoy having a OneUp dropper on my bike. It's pretty smooth, and I love the lever. That being said, I haven't had it a long time (~3 months), so we'll see how servicing and longevity is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No but OneUp are known to be very user friendly and easy to be serviced at home while being affordable which is the reason why I got one.

My GF's bike has a PNW which I also like but the main reason to get that one was because I needed an external dropper for her bike.

I also have a 1. gen Transfer post and that has being rock solid besides only needing a bit of suspension grease applied to the stanchion lately to work like new again after 4 years of so of use.

What is the reason for asking with experience with a dropper in a Release?
I am looking for a dropper that can be fully depressed to get the most seat clearance while in the chuck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.