Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone that bikes at camels back, whats some of the best downhill sections? And how do you get there? Thanks

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Criminey. If we can't torture the kids, who can we torture? I need my water board back.

(PS - Twisted, I really dug the Hulls Pond loop comment. Classic. Can I borrow your HRM and GPS?)

·
Registered
970 Posts
HFR

gathered as much that you're a beginner..

from CB...i'd recommend riding up Kestrel to Crestline and down Hulls Gulch...and back to CB. hulls can be a bit crowded with users riding up and down...so, keep that in mind and have good trail etiquette.

here's a map. get out there and explore

http://www.ridgetorivers.org/

·
Registered
49 Posts
honest question

has it gotten to the point on the boise boards that someone can't ask an honest question and get a reasonable answer without getting at least 3 or 4 sarcastic remarks before getting any kind of assistance?
if everyone is so bitter about mountain biking find a new sport and if you don't want to help someone who seems to be genuinely looking for information, find something better to do than respond to every post.

From the trails around there, I really enjoy riding down sidewinder. you can ride up kestrel and head left and ride up sidewinder and back down or if you are feeling strong ride up trail 4 to the top of sidewinder. also riding down redcliffs is pretty fun, also accessed by riding up Kestrel. Like mentioned, these trails get pretty crowded at times so keep your eyes open and be ready to slow down for people coming up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, this is my first season of really getting in to biking, i didn't mean downhill like bogus. I guess i should have worded better. Im talking about like downhill tracks after those climbs. I go with my neigbor who rides quite a bit, and usually we go up freeway to the corrals and from there go off on diffrent trails, we went down redrock i think the trail was called. that was pretty fun.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try 3 bears. Its got everything the footies has to offer.

And be sure to keep the rubber side down.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
coop27 said:
has it gotten to the point on the boise boards that someone can't ask an honest question and get a reasonable answer without getting at least 3 or 4 sarcastic remarks before getting any kind of assistance?
Nope.

It's always been that way.

I love you.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Cheater

Earthpig said:
Nope.

It's always been that way.

I love you.
You said I was your favorite.

And you are right...It's always been that way. May the spackle be with you. And a handi-wipe.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Visicypher said:
You said I was your favorite.

And you are right...It's always been that way. May the spackle be with you. And a handi-wipe.
You are my favorite. Was just stalking you on Facebook. God you're just a hot little thing.

Irony. My girlfriend brought a whole bunch of handiwipes with her when she moved in a couple of weeks ago. I will pass along the handiwipe goodness. :thumbsup:

·
bike me, then beer me
89 Posts
HFRCampbell said:
...we went down redrock i think the trail was called. that was pretty fun.
I think you are referring to "Red Cliffs" trail. Yea, that is my favorite lower foothills drop besides Hulls.

Like you have heard before, my favorite short ride is up Hulls, up Sidewinder, down Sidewinder, down Hulls or Red Cliffs...and then for some vitamin beer.

Of course, you always have to hit Chickadee before finishing, its normal operating procedure. Just be careful on the crowded times during the day. People with strollers, runners, etc. are behind the big sage. wow, that almost sounds profound.

ride one ride on ride one

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went today with one of my friends for a few hours, we went up 8th and took off by the parking areaa and rode up that, walked up this really bad quality trail and then rode from there down redcliff, it was really fun, but that sand gets me everytime, we went from there back down 8th and then rode around the part right behind camels back.

·
BMX:Our Shining Future
875 Posts
Don't Fear The Smart Alecs

They are just here to crack a few yokes try to keep the banter going. However if you are afraid to post because of the smart alecs here are a few Tips For Teens:

Never respond to Trail Bait sarcasm bad jokes criticisms cow poop jokes trail wars any thread having to do with mud muddy trails posts riding in the mud here's mud in your eye muddy waters

Absolutely do NOT engage in any thread that features cow poop cow poop on tires cow poop on the trail cows cowboys cowgirls nudist camps horses sheep goats or pigs

Ignore any and all criticism DO NOT RESPOND to people whatsoever He Who Never Gets Into An Internet Flameout WINS!!!

You post OBVIOUSLY does not need to be important factual competant in english or any way related to the subject matter of the thread. Just say something dammit! Then post a picture you took. Try to make the pictures sort of homey out of focus etc.

Thanks For Posting Lurkers! Tell the smart alecs to shut the up I think they can handle it.

coop27 said:
if everyone is so bitter about mountain biking find a new sport and if you don't want to help someone who seems to be genuinely looking for information, find something better to do than respond to every post.

From the trails around there, I really enjoy riding down sidewinder. you can ride up kestrel and head left and ride up sidewinder and back down or if you are feeling strong ride up trail 4 to the top of sidewinder. also riding down redcliffs is pretty fun, also accessed by riding up Kestrel. Like mentioned, these trails get pretty crowded at times so keep your eyes open and be ready to slow down for people coming up.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
These are a few of my favorite things.... dry creek, shingle creek, eastside, sweet connie, 5 mile... and some others. Best way to find them is by exploring new trails you've never been on. Or look up the R2R trail map.

·
BMX:Our Shining Future
875 Posts
And Another Thing

For some reason unbeknonst to me posters will ALWAYS run into NonPosters who try to get the posters to stop posting. Stop Posting they say. Don't post every day. Your post has NOTHING to do with mountain biking. Stop posting your stupid trick shots this forum is for buff buff single track. Stop Posting Stop Posting Stop Posting.

NEVER even for a second seriously consider any NonPoster who wants you to stop posting. EVER. They will PM you to stop posting. HA HA. They are so chicken to post they wont even post to tell you to stop posting.

IGNORE ANYONE THAT TELLS YOU TO STOP POSTING

post away noone is reading your posts anyway and if they did they would forget what you said in a minute pictures on the other hand are fun to look at especially if they have country roads in them with horses in the background and even the occaisional nudist dude ranch Wait I didn't say that No Nudist Dude Ranchettes

ryman said:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts