Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm definitely buying a new fork this summer, but I haven't decided what I want yet. I'm considering the Manitou Stance Static, the DJ3, DJ1, or the Sherman Firefly. I ride mostly street with some dirtjumps thrown in, but I don't want the Marzocchi DStreet because I don't want to run a 24 inch front. I have a P2 frame right now, but that also may be getting swapped out this summer for a Transition Dirtbag. I'm just looking for some input on which fork would give me the most bang for my buck. I've heard good and bad about the Static and mostly good about the other three. Just looking for input, thanks.

Ian

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
jibber54520 said:
I'm definitely buying a new fork this summer, but I haven't decided what I want yet. I'm considering the Manitou Stance Static, the DJ3, DJ1, or the Sherman Firefly. I ride mostly street with some dirtjumps thrown in, but I don't want the Marzocchi DStreet because I don't want to run a 24 inch front. I have a P2 frame right now, but that also may be getting swapped out this summer for a Transition Dirtbag. I'm just looking for some input on which fork would give me the most bang for my buck. I've heard good and bad about the Static and mostly good about the other three. Just looking for input, thanks.

Ian
I don't think it get's cheaper than the dj3. It's a solid fork, not the best dampening, though it works well for dirt jumping. i think jenson has those for like 225-240 or somewhere in there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.