Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
#1 Latex Salesman
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at 36t single rings. I searched for opinions but couldn't find a thing. Which one do you guys like the best?
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,006 Posts
all depends on what you terrain you ride.....if you climb and pedal a lot then get a 32...i use a 36 and it works fine
 

·
#1 Latex Salesman
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't do much, if any climbing. I ride the lifts probably 80% of the time. The other 20% is at a small freeride area in the woods by my house. I'll also be racing DH. Maybe the 38t up front with an 11-32t cassette would be a good combo?

also, as far as the brand, which one do you guys use/like? Dangerboy (big $$$), Blackspire, e.13, RaceFace, Azonic?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
I ride a 38t in front and it's quite a lot of gear. If I was climbing, I'd be screwed, but anything else and it's great.


38-11X32
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
all depends on what you terrain you ride.....if you climb and pedal a lot then get a 32...i use a 36 and it works fine
SMT sumed it up prety simple, depends on terrain you ride.
My all around gearing 11-34 rear 22-32 front.
 

·
Chillin the Most
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
having read your post and having better than a 6th grade education, it appears that I'm obviously the only one who could understand what your asking. morons... :rolleyes:

I personally like E13 rings.

 

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
red5 said:
having read your post and having better than a 6th grade education, it appears that I'm obviously the only one who could understand what your asking. morons... :rolleyes:

I personally like E13 rings.

Me too.
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
To those who posted first... I don't think he's asking about advice about the ring size. He seems pretty sure about what he wants.

I use a e13 G-ring. Works great. I've had a Blackspire ring before. It was ok, but nothing great. My Salsa ring dropped chains occasionally.
 

·
#1 Latex Salesman
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
To those who posted first... I don't think he's asking about advice about the ring size. He seems pretty sure about what he wants.
that is true. although the information on the ring size, and how to figure that out was OK too. I settled on the 36t FSA DH ring w/11-32 cassette. I've always found FSA products to be very high quality so I'm sure this will be no different.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top