Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to find a new rim to use for DHin i am currently using mag 30's theyre great hold up like steel but they weigh a ton.

Does anyone know of a rim thats a lil lighter that is just as strong? Thanks

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
nope...

but my favourite and definatly one of the toughest rims out there is the Atomic Labratories Trail Pimp...

maby the mavics are lighter...

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Another one for the D321... the best DH rims ever..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are singletrack rims any good? Has anybody used them?

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heres what i got weight wise

Sun-Ringle
Rhynolite xl 565
single track 590
s-type 640
mtx 640
single wide 665
double track 850
mag 30 850

Mavic
ex729 675
ex 823 580
ex721 590 (replacement for 321

Atom Lab
Aircorp 700
DHR 700
Trail pimp 895

So as of now i like the mavic 721's Sun Stypes and MTX. Can anyone give me input on these 3 rims. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
go the 721...

there the top of the line yeh...coz if they are then there the exact same rim that they use on DeeMax wheels so they super strong and light...so if they are then hell yeh get em...

if there not then i have nothing...

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Am pretty pleased with the EX823, seem sh*t hot thus far......................

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
BJ- said:
go the 721...

there the top of the line yeh...coz if they are then there the exact same rim that they use on DeeMax wheels so they super strong and light...so if they are then hell yeh get em...

if there not then i have nothing...
the 721s arent used on the Deemax, never were. Old Deemaxs used D321s (EX729s), new Deemaxs use the 823s (old D3.1s). Theres been mixed reviews on the durabilty of the 823s (i picked up a set anyways), the 729s and 721s are proven to be quite tough.

·
Registered
24 Posts
mtbManiak said:
Are singletrack rims any good? Has anybody used them?

I ran SingleTrack rims for 9 months on my BigHit. The rear one is still in tact, however the front rim took quite a beeting, and lost its true...to many times....have since switched to Mag 30's on the front, and dont really notice the weight difference.....however when you are only talking 300 grams, on a 45lb bike, who would notice the difference?

Get Mag 30's or some close out doubletracks...they really hold up well.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Mavic EX 729 gets my vote.

No issues in 6 months of riding. I'm not real hard on rims, so far, but these have been great, true as the day I got'em.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts