Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided on a kuat nv and ready to buy, what's best deal on one that you guys know of? I have tried searching the forums ,but haven't had much luck and most post are out dated. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
$448 shipped from REI shipped to REI if you know someone not using their dividend coupon.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
That's with tax included.

Rack - $423.19
Tax - $25.39
In store p/u - Free
Total - $448.58

Keep in mind, that's using the code SAVE20 to save 20% but I think you have to be a member to use the code. Can't hurt to try and see if you're not. Anyone that is a member can use the code up to April 13th. If you're not a member but know someone that is and they aren't using their code...So...it's not as convenient but does save some money if that interests you...plus the one year return policy is nice incase you don't end up liking the system.

·
Registered
712 Posts
REI has em on backorder and I don't even see the 2" hitch option showing up. Cracks and Racks has em in stock and is $476 with the discount code shipped to your door. I'm thinking I'm gonna pay the extra $30 and get it sooner. I'm terrified with my bike on top of my car in the wind Colorado has been having.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Yeah, Cracks and Racks price is still really good. I was only giving a slightly cheaper option. It was available last night when I put it in the cart...guess others had the same idea. Looks like a nice carrier. I don't do hitch mount though, not yet anyways.

·
code: mtbr2011
1,046 Posts
...and a sweet pair of Cracks & Racks bike socks to go with it (just put your sock size in the comments section at checkout)
!!
REI has em on backorder and I don't even see the 2" hitch option showing up. Cracks and Racks has em in stock and is $476 with the discount code shipped to your door. I'm thinking I'm gonna pay the extra $30 and get it sooner. I'm terrified with my bike on top of my car in the wind Colorado has been having.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I love my NV regardless of whether you go with C&R or REI, you will have a great product. That REI warranty is nice to have sometimes. Already used it on my damaged Thule.

·
Registered
713 Posts
...and a sweet pair of Cracks & Racks bike socks to go with it (just put your sock size in the comments section at checkout)
!!
WHAT???? Why didn't I get this primo sock deal????

There's nothing I like better than a nice rack and a pair of socks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Scott, I've seen the "bike stand" attachment sold as a separate item in my LBS. Any idea if this will be an option in the black and chrome finish for NV Core owners that may want to accessorize our racks?

·
code: mtbr2011
1,046 Posts
the Trail doc isn't available anymore as a retrofit for other platform racks...only as a spare part, and the NV Core was never designed to carry the trail doc. I can't answer with 100% conviction, but I don't think I'd hold my breath on this mod coming from Kuat.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks like REI have dropped Kuat. I see no reference to any of their products. Just as I was about to use my 20% and dividend.

Also love the way BackCountry/Competitive blocks using my 15% Off coupon on pretty much everything by listing almost all of their stuff as 4% off. Maybe I can get 15% tire levers.

·
Registered
452 Posts
REI appears to still offer Kuat racks through online ordering. Do a search for Kuat on the REI web site and it will pull up the rack offerings. REI has no stock on hand, but things can be backordered. You might be able to use your coupon and dividends, if you are willing to wait until REI can order the rack for you.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Scott, do you offer Kuat accessories and/or spare parts, or are they only offered through Kuat? I didn't notice them on your web site. I'm possibly interested in the hitch lock and bicycle lock kit.

NV owners, do you find/trust the integrated bike locks to be worthwhile to secure your bikes on long trips?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts