Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building up a singlespeed out of used parts I have lying around. Fortunately or unfortunately the frame and wheelset I have are both disc-only. The wallet is thin and cheap is my motto. Anyone have a pointer to the best deal on a set of dic brakes? Thanks...

jason

·
Registered
770 Posts
jasonb said:
I am building up a singlespeed out of used parts I have lying around. Fortunately or unfortunately the frame and wheelset I have are both disc-only. The wallet is thin and cheap is my motto. Anyone have a pointer to the best deal on a set of dic brakes? Thanks...

jason
I saw a few days ago that one of the online(jenson, pricepoint, supergo) stores was having a deal on Hayes mechs for 39 bucks. not too bad eh?

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
ehh

thats a good deal on the avids. If you want hydro, i am using magura julies and i absolutely love them. I believe nashbar has em for like $60 per w/ wavy rotors, and you get a 180mm rotor up front. They come pre bled so they work like a charm, no complaints yet after 3 months!

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I work on my GF's Avids quite often and they seem like a good brake. Been having some trouble with the pads retracting at an angle making them difficult to adjust and wearing the pads unevenly. Would love to stay hydraulic if I could -- have been running the 4 piston XTs since 2000 with little trouble. The B4's are damn cheap. Time to do my homework now. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.