Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please give me a suggestion for some good glasses? Price does not matter. I need an answer quick because I only have 2 days to purchase them...and my eyedoctor owns a pretty big store and they can order just about anything they don't already have. I mostly do freeride mtb and some XC...So give me some suggestions. Thanks in advance,
Chris

BTW I just joined...nice to find a place where everyone enjoys cycling as much as i do.:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
IMO there's no single best sunglass company out there, the best one is the one that fits your face comfortably.

That said I'm partial to Oakley. I've had a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets for a couple years now and flat out love them. They're light, cheap (by Oakley standards), have replaceable lenses, and come in polarized lenses. Originally I bought them for flyfishing (because they are polarized), but now wear them for everything, including biking, snowboarding, and just general day to day use.

Adding to GoBuff's suggestion of interchangeable lenses, I would add that you find a pair with polarized lenses.

·
Mojo MadDuc
123 Posts
K2Guy305,

I have had great luck with both Oakley and Rudy Project's. One nice feature of Rudy Project's is that you can send back scratched lenses and get then replaced for $5.00 plus shipping. You will scratch Polycarbonate lenses, Rudy Project makes it easy to deal with. The offer plenty of styles and they are light and durable. You might try thier website, they often have closeouts at a significant discount. Good luck with your search.:thumbsup:

MadDuc916

·
96 Posts
hey louissss, the OP was asking for eyeglasses not goggles but nice find i might pick a pair up for myself when i get a chance

·
96 Posts
sometimes i wish i never logged in so i dont have to see damn pictures like that while im eating

·
Registered
736 Posts
Been wearing contacts since '90 or so so went away from glasses. Been wearing various cheapo sunglasses till 200 when I got hooked up with Rudy Project, great products and company!! If you need RX lenses they make them for most theirmodels.Great warranty like someone mentioned above. They have a special "package deals" at this time @ their website. One deal had free helmet, gearbag, t-shirt and hat. Check them out at their website. www.rudyprojectusa.com
Good luck in your search!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright, i just got back from my eyedoctor. I bought a pair of Oakley Radars...They're great. She said Flak Jackets or Radars were my best bet for cycling and i really like the radars, and it turns out they had a pair in stock that matches my bike! Thank you everyone for your posts and helping me in my search.

·
Registered
107 Posts
So you got Oakley Radars with a prescription? I'm so jealous because my eye doctor emphasized to me that I couldn't get a set of Oakley's that were frameless nor wrapped around like the model you bought, because of the curvature of the lens and that prescriptions wouldn't work. Mine at least wouldn't. Then again, I'm blind as a bat. For work, I do wear Oakley glasses with prescription but look more business oriented than sporty.

I ended up getting a set of Rayban sunglasses that did the trick in case anyone else was considering getting prescription sunglasses. When I wear my contacts, I have a set of polarized Ironman sunglasses that I really like because they never fog up and deflect wind excellent so my eyes don't dry/tear up on long rides.

Glad to see you found what you were looking for!

·
Registered
88 Posts
LUNARFX said:
So you got Oakley Radars with a prescription? I'm so jealous because my eye doctor emphasized to me that I couldn't get a set of Oakley's that were frameless nor wrapped around like the model you bought, because of the curvature of the lens and that prescriptions wouldn't work. Mine at least wouldn't. Then again, I'm blind as a bat. For work, I do wear Oakley glasses with prescription but look more business oriented than sporty.

I ended up getting a set of Rayban sunglasses that did the trick in case anyone else was considering getting prescription sunglasses. When I wear my contacts, I have a set of polarized Ironman sunglasses that I really like because they never fog up and deflect wind excellent so my eyes don't dry/tear up on long rides.

Glad to see you found what you were looking for!
I believe that most all Oakley's are available with RX lens'. I've been an Oakley guy since the 1st version of the M-Frame came out (early 90's). I currently have 4 pair of RX Oakley's, 2 are my everyday glasses (Chain 6.0's, Jacknife 4.0's), 1 pair of XX's (I mainly ride with these because they really stay in place very well), and 1 pair of Gascan's (These look very stylish but they do not stay on the face well).

I went to Oakley's site and ther are over 300 options for prescription sunglasses available.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
BLOWNDFIZ said:
I believe that most all Oakley's are available with RX lens'. I've been an Oakley guy since the 1st version of the M-Frame came out (early 90's). I currently have 4 pair of RX Oakley's, 2 are my everyday glasses (Chain 6.0's, Jacknife 4.0's), 1 pair of XX's (I mainly ride with these because they really stay in place very well), and 1 pair of Gascan's (These look very stylish but they do not stay on the face well).

I went to Oakley's site and ther are over 300 options for prescription sunglasses available.
he might need a lens, that is too thick for Oaks. he probably needs option 305.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.