Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
RIDE...
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
something strong and stiff, durable and very light, titanium? carbon? or something hybrid? any ideas will be greatly appreciated!! saludos!!

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
BlownCivic said:
Old ISIS Race Face Next LP

Old ISIS Storck Power Arms (New Power Arms are External bearing just like Clavs).
correct:
Storck Powerarms ISIS 310g or Natec ISIS 292g
xxx-light ISIS BB: 117g incl. bolts

better chainline, less money spent, 2 or 3 ring setup possible

Attachments

·
Hack Racer
2,559 Posts
Shimano XTR FC-M970 crankset

-Stiffness matters, at first I believed the posters here that the lack of stiffness was ok, bought an ATIK crank... :( stiffness matters
-good value (weight weenie wise), not stupid expensive like some exotic carbon crank
-good serviceability. All shops know how to work on a Shimano Crank. All shops sell Shimano. Most races have Shimano factory support.
-Not exotic

·
for three!
208 Posts
Cheers! said:

-Stiffness matters, at first I believed the posters here that the lack of stiffness was ok, bought an ATIK crank... :( stiffness matters
-good value (weight weenie wise), not stupid expensive like some exotic carbon crank
-good serviceability. All shops know how to work on a Shimano Crank. All shops sell Shimano. Most races have Shimano factory support.
-Not exotic
touche.

·
PurpleIsFasterThanRed!
81 Posts
Cheers! said:

-Not exotic
+1 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Cheers! said:
ISIS? I would avoid ISIS like the plague.
i would rather rave isis than outboard. mud gets inside the crappy seals on outboards before you leave the trail head,possibly before you take your bike off the roof of your car they are so bad. i went through 4 outboard bottom brackets last year alone,one time after 1 race on them! Isis wear faster but not that fast.

·
Registered
12 Posts
THM Clavicula w/rings & bolts b.b 460 grams

I have a set of THM Clavicula's 172.5 complete 460 grams I will try to post a picture. They are saying the pictures are to big to post. They could be for sale for the right price. less than 50 miles on them.

Thanks
Bernie

·
narCOTIC
307 Posts
MileHighMark said:
I've got the same setup, and the BB has been smooth and trouble-free. Did have some wobble in the chainrings/spider, but CB replaced the cranks.
I had a problem with the non drive side arm, and CB sent a whole new crankset to me, new rings, the lot! (I live in the UK and received it within 3 days, and they didn't ask to see the old one!)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.