Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1-up trainer. Currently I am using my Garmin 305 for winter training. I like the calorie counter, the training programs, the speed, cadence, and HRM. Its excellent. However, I am wondering if there are any other computers that work excellently as training computers? I don't need wireless, and I don't need GPS. Therefore, I expect I should be able to get something much less expensive than a 305!?

·
since 4/10/2009
34,349 Posts
dnoyeb said:
I have a 1-up trainer. Currently I am using my Garmin 305 for winter training. I like the calorie counter, the training programs, the speed, cadence, and HRM. Its excellent. However, I am wondering if there are any other computers that work excellently as training computers? I don't need wireless, and I don't need GPS. Therefore, I expect I should be able to get something much less expensive than a 305!?
You will be hard pressed to find a computer with a calorie counter, programs, HRM, Cad, and speed where the speed sensor is on the rear wheel. I know of some cateyes that give you at least most of those options, but I dunno if they will be much cheaper than an Edge 305. It seems that pretty much by default, any computer that gives you those features would be pricey.

Just use what you've got. I'm using an Edge 705 on the trainer right now. Overkill for the trainer, I know, but I got it for riding outside, exploring, and mapping rides.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.