Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my stock Avid pads with the green EBC pads.

Worked fine until I went riding in temps 30-40 degrees, then noted next to no stopping power. Improved slightly as I got a little heat into brakes.

Any ideas on better pads in cold conditions? I may go back to stock, but wanted a little input first.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I use EBC Gold or Galfer pads year round. Never noticed any temperature related changes (Avid pads included).

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shiggy said:
I use EBC Gold or Galfer pads year round. Never noticed any temperature related changes (Avid pads included).
Thanks, I'll try the Gold. The Greens are definitely lacking in power compared to the Avids (which worked well). Much more noticable in the cold; felt like I had almost nothing despite a good grip on the lever.

I also found the little clips included with the EBC pads useless... couldn't figure out how to install them with the pads, and just used the old, stock Avid clips to install the EBC pads. Am I missing something here?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Some EBC "Avid" pads were packaged with Hayes clips instead of the H-spring.

Bring back the magnets!

·