Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, right now I have two Kenda kinetics on my bike. their size in a 2.1. I have been noticing that they are pretty flexy and floppy when doing more DH type riding, and I'm going up to whistler next month. I have been reccommended the tioga blue groove tires. I think the biggest my bike could handle would be a 2.5 inch tire, but I would perfer to keep it around 2.3-2.4 what are some reccomendations for cheaper DH tires ? I ask for cheap because I'm low on cash and have to buy two of em'

also they dont have to come as a set, tire in front could be different than the back

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Whatever is on sale. Check the LBSs so you do not have to pay shipping.

Jenson usually has some great closeout deals though they ding you for oversize shipping on wire bead DH tires.

Cambriabike also has good closeout deals and they do not charge you the oversize shipping.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Panaracer Fire FR 2.4 (you can get them all black)

They are a little bit bigger then 2.5inch (i measured it) they cost almost nothing where i live and they are VERY DURABLE !!!!

They have the proven thread patern of the Fire Xc Pro also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.