Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Heading to Dville in a couple weeks. What is the best campground in terms of space, near river, showers, bathrooms, etc?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Check out Yubaexpeditions.com for a pretty good map and description of nearby camping. No showers except at gas station/store/auto supply. Cooler temps if you camp up in the Lakes Basin area. I like Salmon Crk campground. First come/first serve so get there early for a site.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm partial to the sites at the start of the 1st divide trail. You can ride easily to and from town (not to mention straight to camp on your last descent" in 20-30 minutes and the site is tucked into the trees.

·
Registered
45 Posts
sierra campground

I am pretty familiar with this area. Actually just got back from a 3 day trip. anyway, in my opinion, there are 0 nice camp grounds within 30 min of Dville. if you want a nice spot, literally on the river and most of the time empty, then check out sierra campground. the sites near dville are pretty crappy. sierra is a beautiful campground and its only 10 bucks a night. the downside is its about a 35 min drive to dville (especially cause the are doing a ton of construction on hw 49 right now). anyway, it is about 5 min past Bassetts (local store) on the truckee side of dville. depending on how much you plan on driving to and from your campsite to dville, it is definately worth it(still worth it in my opinion). no showers, no running water, smelly outhouses. but remember youre camping. wash off in the river.

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
I really liked the Indian Valley campground for car camping. We had a good Downieville Gathering there a few weeks ago. It's quiet, close to the river (but be careful) and far from road noise. It's not too far from Downieville either, farther from Sierra City.

Morgan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.