Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some favorite shorts that hold up for hours in the saddle? I'm not thrilled with the PI's I have currently..

Oh, and I don't wear baggies.

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
porterjack said:
What are some favorite shorts that hold up for hours in the saddle? I'm not thrilled with the PI's I have currently..

love my voler shorts!

really comfy, reasonably priced, come in lots of colors, seamless chamois.

funny story for you:
you know how some days your shorts are more comfortable than others? (ok, well, i have days like this anyway.) well, the other day i thought i was having one of those days. i put on my favorite pair of (voler) shorts and went out for a ride. i wasn't a block from my house when i started thinking how uncomfortable my shorts were. it felt like i was sitting on sand. so itchy. i shifted around but it didn't help. so i ignored it. i tried picking & pulling at my shorts. still it was uncomfortable.

2 hrs later i finished my ride and went to take a shower. i peeled off my shorts to discover.......SAND!! stuck all over my legs from my shorts! :eek: :eek: :eek: then i remembered, the last time i wore those shorts i got caught in a thunder storm on a trail that was apparently (at least from what was left in my shorts) very sandy. i had even run the shorts through a double rinse cycle in the wash after that ride. :rolleyes:

no wonder my shorts had been so itchy & uncomfortable. :D

but other than that i really love my voler shorts.

rt

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*rt* said:
love my voler shorts!

really comfy, reasonably priced, come in lots of colors, seamless chamois.

funny story for you:
you know how some days your shorts are more comfortable than others? (ok, well, i have days like this anyway.) well, the other day i thought i was having one of those days. i put on my favorite pair of (voler) shorts and went out for a ride. i wasn't a block from my house when i started thinking how uncomfortable my shorts were. it felt like i was sitting on sand. so itchy. i shifted around but it didn't help. so i ignored it. i tried picking & pulling at my shorts. still it was uncomfortable.

2 hrs later i finished my ride and went to take a shower. i peeled off my shorts to discover.......SAND!! stuck all over my legs from my shorts! :eek: :eek: :eek: then i remembered, the last time i wore those shorts i got caught in a thunder storm on a trail that was apparently (at least from what was left in my shorts) very sandy. i had even run the shorts through a double rinse cycle in the wash after that ride. :rolleyes:

no wonder my shorts had been so itchy & uncomfortable. :D

but other than that i really love my voler shorts.

rt
Yikes! I can't believe you could stand that for 2 hours!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I finally invested in a pair of Shebeest shorts and WOW, what a difference!! They were such an improvement. I went and bought a second pair a couple of days later! Now I use them almost everytime I ride, but especially if I'm going to be on the bike for a while. I usuallly wear a pair of nylon shorts, like Columbia's, over them for the pockets, and to help protect them. They were certainly worth the extra money.

·
Registered
192 Posts
porterjack said:

Which PI's are you wearing now? What don't you like about them - chamois, cut, etc?

I have been wearing PI's with the PRT chamois for a couple of years now and I love them. They're more comfortable than any other short I've had, including Mt. Borah, Performance and Shebeest. In fact I'm getting ready to buy a couple new pair.

However, I don't think the PI SMT chamois looks nearly as comfortable as the PRT.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ultrasensors

Scubee said:
Which PI's are you wearing now? What don't you like about them - chamois, cut, etc?

I have been wearing PI's with the PRT chamois for a couple of years now and I love them. They're more comfortable than any other short I've had, including Mt. Borah, Performance and Shebeest. In fact I'm getting ready to buy a couple new pair.

However, I don't think the PI SMT chamois looks nearly as comfortable as the PRT.
I have the Ultrasensors now..and I don't like the chamois. I don't know if it's the side seams or what, but I get chafed on my inner thighs- I changed my saddle..so I think it's the shorts. Also, have had saddle sores :( I do use the shammy cream too- love that stuff- but it still doesn't totally solve my problem. The thing with PI's is, I know I could get another "type" but those cost much more..as it is I think the Ultrasensors are $80 or so?? I don't know the difference in the types of chamois, but what PI's do you have and like?

·
Registered
192 Posts
porterjack said:
I have the Ultrasensors now..and I don't like the chamois. I don't know if it's the side seams or what, but I get chafed on my inner thighs- I changed my saddle..so I think it's the shorts. Also, have had saddle sores :( I do use the shammy cream too- love that stuff- but it still doesn't totally solve my problem. The thing with PI's is, I know I could get another "type" but those cost much more..as it is I think the Ultrasensors are $80 or so?? I don't know the difference in the types of chamois, but what PI's do you have and like?
Hmmm....according to PI's website, the Ultrasensors have the PRT chamois which is the one I really like. But I wear the Short Attack shorts - I like the shorter inseam. I don't know if that makes any difference but I wouldn't risk my $$$ on them if I were you and didn't like the PI's I had.

I guess it's another one of those cases of personal preference. Sorry I couldn't be more help :( Good luck with your quest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts