Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am headed up to Sedona next weekend for a mini vacation and some good riding.:D Taking a friend with me who is interested in starting mountain biking but does not have a bike yet so we will be renting one for her. Last time I was up there I stopped into Bike & Bean for coffee and to check it out-love it that it is right by the trail head. I have also been into Mountain Bike Heaven. I think there is another shop across the street from Bike & Bean as well but can't remember the name.
Anyone have any suggestions on the best place to rent a bike for the day??
Can't wait! Sedona biking is amazing!

·
Registered
73 Posts
AzKennedy said:
I think Mtn Bike Heaven has Iron Horse bikes-which I know nothing about. Is Absolute the shop just down 179 a block and across the street? Never been in there..
Last time I was there I think I saw Diamond Backs for rent.

The guys at Absolute and MTB Heaven are both cool... haven't been to the other shops. It'll also help to know where you're staying. MTB Heaven is on the west side of Sedona, and Absolute/Bike and Bean are in the VOC.

·
Registered
14,836 Posts
IMO for high performance mountain bikes the Fat Tire Bike Shop is the best LBS in Sedona. I get my suspension tuned by Dave the owner every time I am in Sedona and it always puts a smile on my face when I ride my bike after that.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
I am headed up to Sedona next weekend for a mini vacation and some good riding.:D Taking a friend with me who is interested in starting mountain biking but does not have a bike yet so we will be renting one for her. Last time I was up there I stopped into Bike & Bean for coffee and to check it out-love it that it is right by the trail head. I have also been into Mountain Bike Heaven. I think there is another shop across the street from Bike & Bean as well but can't remember the name.
Anyone have any suggestions on the best place to rent a bike for the day??
Can't wait! Sedona biking is amazing!
I was put out of the map business recently and need additional income. I have a really nice medium Cove G-S Full Suspension bike I could rent you for $35 a day. As part of the deal I can give you a recalled Over the Edge trailmap which shows ALL the mountain biking trails in Sedona. There is no such map like it anymore and the Bear Tooth and Cosmic map only show some of the great trails. Wait that's not all I will do I will deliver the bike to you personally and highlite some cools loops to ride if you rent the bike from me.

TD

·
Registered
59 Posts
Traildoc,

Been trying to PM you but evidently a 10 post limit is required. Anyhow, I live in Flag and am curious to know a price for one of your maps. Always looking to help a rider in need, probably be down in Sedona this Friday for a ride so maybe I could swing by and grab it from ya

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
Traildoc,

Been trying to PM you but evidently a 10 post limit is required. Anyhow, I live in Flag and am curious to know a price for one of your maps. Always looking to help a rider in need, probably be down in Sedona this Friday for a ride so maybe I could swing by and grab it from ya
I can't sell maps thru MTBR, so I would suggest you get one online for FREE just google
Sedona Mountain Bike Trail Maps-Mountain Bike Review, and see what pops up. If that doesn't work go into OTE and ask them if they know who has one.

TD

·
Registered
59 Posts
TD

Been using your site a lot lately which has been an incredible resource for me this winter. Honest truth is I was looking to support your map business a bit and hell, maybe even meet ya at some point.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
TD

Been using your site a lot lately which has been an incredible resource for me this winter. Honest truth is I was looking to support your map business a bit and hell, maybe even meet ya at some point.
87:

Thanks, many viewers think (or know) I am an a$$hole, but it seems like open minded people like yourself can see through the rough exterior.

TD

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, not too often I get accused of being open-minded:D What I do know is you are a proponent of increasing riding opportunities in Sedona as well as putting in the leg work to make many of these trails known to folk like myself. That amongst offering your own bike up for rent is enough in my book to call you a pretty solid dude.

Sorry to rob this thread Kennedy, carry on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.