Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to Golden after many years in Boulder.
Surprised how many bike shops there are for a small town.
Looking to find a shop for my modest needs.
Not a pro-wannabe looking for a $5k+ bike, just looking for a shop to
keep a couple good bikes in good shape at an affordable price.

Thanks

·
Salida, CO
31 Posts
I have always been a big fan of Golden Bike Shop and have been going to them for ALL my bike needs (2 Mountain bikes, 1 road bike, and everything in between) since the day they opened. However in the last year or so since they have really taken off, everytime I go in there I end up standing around for 10-15 minutes before anyone even gives me a look. It has gotten to the point where I am taking my bike money elsewhere.

·
Registered
97 Posts
+1
You should swing by all of them and come to your own conclusions. Getting to know the shop and the employees is good. I have friends in all the shops and all are of good quality. I'm not much a fan of big ring, but some people love it.
They all have very different personalities... grunge mtg bike hangout, mainstream factory, elite road... I'll let you figure out which is which. I like GBS's mtb brands for sure.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
How's it been?

Golden is very appealing. I really like the town. Are you liking the change? I've done business with Golden Bike Shop. They seem to be a good shop and have done some good repairs for me. Since I don't live in Golden, the fact that GBS is closed on saturdays is not a big deal, but it could be a deal breaker for me if I lived there and saturday was my day to get stuff done. And they close early on friday nights....not sure why they do that, Bent Gate does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
My first choice is GBS - they really blow me away with their CS, but I have also had good experiences at Peak. Haven't had any work done at Pedal Pushers but I have heard good things. Not sure about Big Ring - only been in there once and they seemed like a roadie shop.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have only been in Golden since June, so I don't have that much experience, but I have purchased things from GBS, Peak and Pedal Pushers with no complaints. My favorite is GBS though.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I say bring a six pack into a shop when they help you out of a bad scenario. Pedal Pushers helped me get a replacement rear derailer on warranty since mine had become unreliable even though it started acting up because I hit a rock with it. That was pretty cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.