Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I got a Parktool PCS-10 a month or so ago, and it works GREAT. Very sturdy, quick releases all around, and very stable with my 30# bike. I added on the tool tray, which is very handy especially if you take it on trips with you. The legs fold down, no up, which makes for a pretty tall unit to store. But it is very slender, so it fits well in the corner folded up.

Parktool PCS-10

·
Parking Lot Poser
515 Posts
+1 for park repair stands

i have a portable (PCS-9)?? several years old but a great stand

get the home model, you will save some hard earned cash and it will suit your needs.

it stores easy, and fits in my subaru no problem

·
Weird huh?
2,284 Posts
Spin Doctor Pro G3 - sold through Performance Bikes. Pricey ($200.00+) but sturdier than anything else I've used. Had it for 5 years and it just keeps on standin' and clampin'

Cheers!

Reactions: mimi1885

·
T.W.O.
8,168 Posts
Spin Doctor Pro G3 - sold through Performance Bikes. Pricey ($200.00+) but sturdier than anything else I've used. Had it for 5 years and it just keeps on standin' and clampin'

Cheers!
+1 I have the Spin Doctor(Topeak) ProG3 for several years, as well as 2 Park tool stands. I definitely love the Pro G3 because it's lighter and easier to set up. It may not be as easy to clamp the bike on like the ParkTools but more convenience.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Park broke after about 3 months, the clamp screw adjustment bolt snapped. Park refused to fix it OR give me a spare part. Not sure if that helps...

·
Plays with tools
4,646 Posts
Should I get Pro or Home model?
I've got a Pro on order to replace the Park I sold off. These stands are the most versatile out there. The clamp works great on pretty much everything from TT bikes to Heavy ass DH rigs. The base is wide (something to trip over) and super stable (makes up for the trip hazard) Most of the bike work I do is outside the shop so the feedback is the ideal choice for me. I still prefer the PRS-20 for washing bikes though.

I've got a PRS-3 in the shop with a cut down head and it's great
I've also got a PRS-20 that is the bees knees for doing aero road bikes but sucks for modern MTB's with all the through axle stuff
I got rid of a discontinued portable stand that was similar to the PRS-25 but with the normal head. It was a decent enough stand but a friend wanted to buy it off me so away it went.

·
fRIDEday makes me happy!
902 Posts
Bang for the buck I am with the Feedback stand. I have used two of them (own one) and a number of Park stands from the super solid shop pro models to the smaller cheaper price point. Park makes the best stand if you are going to drop the cash and get a top of the line one, the clamp and other parts are made to be used in a shop day in and day out.

One thing I have gotten used to with the Feedback stand is the height I can have my bike at when working on it. Similarly priced Park and others have lower max heights.

The Feedback "clamp" system has proven solid but is not the best design. To hold a bike inverted let's say, you really have to crank the thing down or it may slip a little. Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Recently bought the PCS-10. Does anyone know if the neck collar holding the extension tube suppose to be stiff? I have to hold down the legs and yank the extension tube every time I uncollapse it.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts