Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the preferred park in Colorado? I guess it all depends on what someone likes, but I'd like to hear what yall think.
Reason is I Plan on heading up to Colorado and spending about 6 days riding at bike parks there. So far heard good things about Keystone, and would like to check out Sol Vista. but is it worth checking out Winter Park and how many days should I spend at each place.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Guess I am repeating myself (once again):

Depends on your skill level and preferences... My advice would be to check out all three resorts. Just the sequence and number of days depends on what you want to ride:

First I would spend one day at Winterpark. They have great beginner features and very smooth trails. This is a great warm up. And even if you are a pro you'll enjoy the wall rides, the tables and the plenty of wooden features. (Unique: Wall rides)

Second I would spend 2 days at Keystone. They have a great variety of trails and the runs are long. If you get in more than 8 runs a day you are pretty tough. Checkout the drop zone, survive the rock gardens and go down some impossible steep rollers. (Unique: Huge drops).

Third I would spend 2 days at SolVista. The runs are short but sweet. You easily lose count. The runs are built by and for DH freaks. They sport huge gaps and step downs. Take one day to work up the speed and a second to hit the features (if you dare). Note: SolVista opens only Friday afternon plus weekends. (Unique: huge gaps)

Plan for one day of rest. You'll need it. In the unlikely case you absolutely don't need it: Go Keystone. It got a little of everything.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Oops forgot: All resorts are within 1 hour driving. So there is really no reason to not hit all three.

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
dirtnurban said:
And yes I am from Texas.
Well then, let me give you some hints on how to get here from Texas...head north from Texas, take a sharp left, when you see an ocean, stop and hang out there:p

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
dirtnurban said:
Thanks for the replies. I think I will hit all 3, just need to figure out the logistics. And yes I am from Texas.
Never mind... We won't hold it against you, too much :p

Let us know when you actually head out. Perhaps there is a chance to ride together.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I have the same question, sorta. I went to Whistler for the firswt time and coerced my 15 year old into coming with me. Turns out he had a great time and now we're both addicted to jumping.

Where in Colorado can we find a trail like A-line? By the end of our second day we were both pretty comfortable on it and could clear 90% of the jumps.

He's not really a mtb'er and isn't comfortable on or really interested in harder technical trails but is comfortable jumping from Skiing. Who has the best flowing jump trail in Colorado?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.