Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks - getting back on the bike after a few thin or non-existent seasons and was hoping to get some insight into the latest trends, companies and prices. I've always ridden specialized hard tails (spent most of my time riding in AZ) with top-of-the-line components, and love specialized; but have also tried Kona and GT full suspensions. Some friends of mine ride Turner but I can't swing 4k for a bike. I am now in the north east and pretty much need a full suspension.

What is the best way to put a quality bike together for about $1,200? Or, what is the best way to get a quality bike for that price? I don't mind upgrading stock components, ordering piecemeal, or maybe even a 29er hardtail if these seem to be a good innovation. I would do used if it turns out it's the only way.

Bike prices have changed drastically since the last time I bought a bike. Any insight or links would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
What about a Giant Trance? I have seen Giant Trance X3's go for $1500 new if you can swing that or the X4 retails for $1400 so I am sure you can get it for $1200 (although the X3 will get you a 15QR). They are very good bang for the buck bikes.:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.