Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha all you NorCal riders

My job will be taking me to San Jose Airport several days a month, and I will be staying at the Pruneyard. I will be there this Saturday - I get in about 4pm. Anyone suggest a place to rent/borrow a small MTB and a place to ride? Also, if there's any groups/riders that need some company, I'd love to join you - I'm a sport class rider - love XC and technical stuff as well. Need to get my mileage up for La Ruta this year...

Thanks!

·
Registered
446 Posts
As far as getting a bike try contacting Trailhead Cyclery which is right down the road. Depending on how far you want to drive, Saratoga Gap is close, and so is Steven's Canyon. Both places has some options if you want to get some miles in.

·
Older than I feel
1,915 Posts
Second Uncle Rico's suggestions. Trailhead Cyclery is at the corner of Union and Camden in SJ, very near the Pruneyard. Call 'em at (408) 369-9666 and they can probably line you up with a "test ride".

The Gap is a good mix of XC and semi-techy, and the trailhead's a short drive from the Pruneyard at the corner of highways 35 (Skyline Bl.) and 9 (Big Basin Way). Most of us combine it with some scenic fire roads and singletrack in the Long Ridge preserve across the road.

If you get an itch for something more challenging and you have a couple hours, try El Corte de Madera Preserve up the Peninsula on Skyline. Park at the Skeggs Point parking lot.

Soquel Demo Forest is not too far either, but the road there is pretty sketchy.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,469 Posts
pineapplebob said:
Aloha all you NorCal riders

My job will be taking me to San Jose Airport several days a month, and I will be staying at the Pruneyard. I will be there this Saturday - I get in about 4pm. Anyone suggest a place to rent/borrow a small MTB and a place to ride? Also, if there's any groups/riders that need some company, I'd love to join you - I'm a sport class rider - love XC and technical stuff as well. Need to get my mileage up for La Ruta this year...

Thanks!
Hola. Right beside the Pruneyard is the Los Gatos Creek trail. You go south and it's about 8 miles to Los Gatos. It's a paved bike trail and it turns to dirt at Los Gatos. You can then do a trail called St. Joseph's Hill or you can do a hard one called Overgrown/Priest Rock. It's not funnest trail around but it's great training and it will be right by your doorstep. You won't need to fight our silly commute traffic.

What's your height? I might have a bike for you.

On the weekends, we can show you some good redwood forests. Then you will learn how we say it in norcal... 'that's hella good'.

francois

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I met you before

Francois (Francis?)

I met you at Sea Otter many years ago...I was an acquaintance of Oliver's. I'm about 5'6" and can ride a small or medium frame, geared or SS. I'm actually living in Hawaii, but am based in LAX as a pilot for American Eagle. I'd love to hook up with you folks!

Robert aka Pineapplebob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.