Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm a beginner and I'm looking for some advice on pedals. Right now im specifically looking at the Speedplay Frogs and the Time Z and ATAC pedals. I've used the frogs a few times and i like their free motion, but i noticed that it's hard to pull out of them when the get clogged with mud. I fell several times because the frogs had gotten jammed with mud. I've heard good things about Time pedals and I was really attracted to the Time Z because its got a platform so that I can clip out and just use the platform if i get into difficult terrain. So what I'm looking for right now is a pedal that is easy to get out of, even when there's lots of mud around it, and preferably a hybrid pedal with a platform to be used in difficult situations. Any thoughts on those pedals or any others you would recommend?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've never used CB pedals, but I'm using the time Z's and they work really well. They have a platform for ease of use, aren't that hard to get out of and are unaffected by mud/crappy conditions.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
I have Time ATAC XS and they are working well. The platform of the Z could me nice, for example, when restarting up a bumpy climb.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not to put too fine a point on it, and this isn't true for 100% of riders, just a large number of them, but: buy Time ATACs, any decent version, and your first pedals will be the ones you still love many years later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.