Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Repairs - Zinn And The Art Of Mountainbike Repair .

·
Registered
306 Posts
AZ.MTNS said:
+1 here, just got this book for Christmas, haven't put it to too much use yet but it's very easy to understand, with a ton of detail.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Mastering Mountain Bike Skills by Brian Lopes and Lee McCormack.

Great book - highly recommended!

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
dc519 said:
The latest edition is 2005...do you think much has changed in the world of bike repair since then?
Still a good book that covers the fundementals . Do have a suggestion that better covers the topic ?

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I have never seen any of the other books but I have the latest edition of Park Tools Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair. Nice full color pictures, and complete how to do just about anything. It even had torque specs for parts in the back of the book.

·
Registered
21 Posts
AZ.MTNS said:
Still a good book that covers the fundementals . Do have a suggestion that better covers the topic ?
I was just asking a question since I am curious for myself. I did not state that the book was old and out of date.

·
In Transit
1,091 Posts
AZ.MTNS said:
+1

It has bolstered my confidence so much that I am going to attempt my first ground up custom build over the next couple of months. :eek:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Jason B. said:
Mastering Mountain Bike Skills by Brian Lopes and Lee McCormack.

Great book - highly recommended!
+1

I have the same book, good info and pictorials. If you are looking for a book to improve skills take a look at this one.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Iridethedirt said:
For skills: Ned overend's mountain bike like a champion. Very good book.
This is my favorite book for mountain biking. I sometimes read it for a little extra motivation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts