Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A quick explanationa

Sorry that in the picture the bike is seen with V Brakes and 7 speed rapidfires
I used the bike as my commuter/hack bike and needed the better braking and shifting on the crowded roads in Cambridge.
Apologies to the purists, but at least it was regularly used

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
richard huntso said:
Seems to be an awful lot of bargains out there and I know everyone has their favourite
tale to tell
So to start, this was bought for ?6 or approx $10 at a local auction

1993 Kona Fire Mountain, completely original apart from needing a new chain to replace the broken one it came with

http://images2.fotopic.net/?iid=yym6v4&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1
I love finding deals like that...some I can think of off the top of my head:

1991 Specialized Epic Carbon (with Cook's E cranks, full XT/thumbies, Flite saddle, 1" Mag20) for $250

1992 Klein Rascal (completely stock) for $220.

1992 Slingshot (with solid silver headbagde, Suntour XC Pro, 1" Judy) for $300

2 Klein MC1/MC2 bars for $15

NOS, never used white OnZa tire for $1....my best ever.

FSX/Mag21 carbon fork for $20

And a huge box of old MTB and Road decals (300+ stickers) for $5 bucks...which I sold off a little at a time on eBay for between $1 and $15 each...

Enough bragging for me! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
Rumpfy said:
And a huge box of old MTB and Road decals (300+ stickers) for $5 bucks...which I sold off a little at a time on eBay for between $1 and $15 each...

Enough bragging for me! :rolleyes:
Unfortunately the profits were squandered on the <i>World's Largest Tension Disc Collection</i>. ;)

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
laffeaux said:
Unfortunately the profits were squandered on the <i>World's Largest Tension Disc Collection</i>. ;)
Doh!
Which remindes me...there was an auction for a dark 'comp' tension disc where the high bidder ended up flaking, of which it's been offered to me...I may have a 6th soon.
It's a good thing I made money on the decals!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts