Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got sick and tired of always having to reach down to lock out my fork, or unlock it, when riding in the hills. Plus, it can be dangerous. Well, I decided to convert to PopLoc. Best money I've spent on my bike, ever! Kits are available for even older forks like mine- Rockshox Recon Silver TK.
I'll never have a mountain bike again without it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was actually trying to go the other direction as the poploc on my '04 SID World Cup was problematic and even when it worked properly it wasn't as "locked" as I would have liked. Once I realized even the manual lockouts still allow for some sag (which on a SID amounts to about half the maxium available travel, lol) I just went with a rigid fork and couldn't be happier. Remote or not, being able to lock out a front fork is a game changer, glad to hear you are happy with your new setup.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got the MiLO setup for my Manitou Markhor forks and you are right, I will never go without it again.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I live in Idaho, so we have lots of hills! Comes in very useful around here. Makes a big difference in those big climbs.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
11,429 Posts
Well, I live in Idaho, so we have lots of hills! Comes in very useful around here. Makes a big difference in those big climbs.
I get it and apologize for my (in hindsight) snarky comment. Didn't intend it to come off that way. As for bike setup, suspension preferences, etc. -- to each their own, whatever works best for the person in the cockpit. I choose to never lock my suspension out but my GF locks hers out all the time and raves about how much better her bike climbs when it's locked out. She rides her bike and I ride mine, nobody's wrong if their bike works the way they prefer.

Bottom line: do whatever works best for you and smile. Happy trails!
=sParty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts