Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I have recently had to downsize from two bikes to one and I am looking for thoughts on the best all mountain bike for the buck. I currently have a stumpjumper FSR but I would like something a little more burly I am most passionate about the downhill But usually have to pedal to get to it. I would like to stay under $2,000 but would be willing to buy used. Thoughts please.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
i dont understand how people can even ask this question- every rider is different- the best thing you can do is go test ride a bunch till you find the one you love-



or just go get a blur lt2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,267 Posts
Here, let me help you rephrase your question...

Hey guys. I'm looking to get a more capable bike than the ____________ I currently have. My current bike is great, but it won't do _________________as well as I'd like. I'm somewhat confused about the bikes in this category and would like some assistance.

My riding style is _____________. The types of trails I would normally ride with this bike are _____________________. I might also occasionally ride ____________with it. The most important feature/characteristic of the bike I would buy would be _________________. Secondary would be ________________.

I'm looking to spend around $____. The max I'd spend is $____.

I'm trying to create a shortlist of bikes to check out. If you could help me create a list, it would be greatly appreciated. If you have any bikes you could recommend, and some pros/cons of each particular bike, that would be awesome.

Once I have a list of bikes, I will then go test ride as many of them as I can, do some more research, and make my own decision on which bike I will buy. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
dicklarsen said:
Hello all I have recently had to downsize from two bikes to one and I am looking for thoughts on the best all mountain bike for the buck. I currently have a stumpjumper FSR but I would like something a little more burly I am most passionate about the downhill But usually have to pedal to get to it. I would like to stay under $2,000 but would be willing to buy used. Thoughts please.
get a "long travel hard tail" the list is endless, evil sovereign, on-one ss, chromag, transition trans-am, ragley troof......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
BaeckerX1 said:
Here, let me help you rephrase your question...

Hey guys. I'm looking to get a more capable bike than the ____________ I currently have. My current bike is great, but it won't do _________________as well as I'd like. I'm somewhat confused about the bikes in this category and would like some assistance.

My riding style is _____________. The types of trails I would normally ride with this bike are _____________________. I might also occasionally ride ____________with it. The most important feature/characteristic of the bike I would buy would be _________________. Secondary would be ________________.

I'm looking to spend around $____. The max I'd spend is $____.

I'm trying to create a shortlist of bikes to check out. If you could help me create a list, it would be greatly appreciated. If you have any bikes you could recommend, and some pros/cons of each particular bike, that would be awesome.

Once I have a list of bikes, I will then go test ride as many of them as I can, do some more research, and make my own decision on which bike I will buy. Thanks.
I say we sticky that form for future members to use. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
2clue said:
I say we sticky that form for future members to use. :)
good idea!!

I am biased but you could try to pick up a Felt compulsion some where, great to pedal up and a blast going down!!

also look at Giant Trance, Norco's, and maybe a Jamis XCT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Find a used Kona Coiler or a used Cannondale Prophet or again a used SC Heckler. Try a New KHS. Yours is not a stupid question. It shows inexperience and some people forget that they were there. Try your buddies bikes. The Stumpy is a great bike-so is the Enduro!
 

·
Moose Member
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
climbingbubba said:
Funny that you out of all people are making fun of this guy for asking a dumb question :rolleyes:
Hey, it takes a dumb question asker to know a dumb question asker...

This wasn't intended to "make fun" of him. I was simply offering the polar opposite of what he wants. its a joke. i wan't trying to be mean. sorry if it came off that way.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top