Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Get out of town!
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I am thinking I will go with the Specialized Enduro. Anyone have any brighter ideas? :)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Maybe consider these:

If you are in Canada, the Devinci all mountain line is pretty good and I think the Guzzler is probably in your price range. I don't think it's sold in the US tough because of some unclear patent issue with either Specialized or Ellsworth.

I would probably also consider the Giant VT, one of my friend has one and it is a very sweet bike. The 04 VT2 has a color that makes me weep!

Have fun shopping, this is probably half the fun of mountain biking! haha

jsnk1975 said:
So far I am thinking I will go with the Specialized Enduro. Anyone have any brighter ideas? :)

·
Get out of town!
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VT is the other bike I was considering actually

do you mean the blue color or is there something other than that? do 2005 models usually come out in Sept. in Canada as well? i have a giant nrs2 now and love it so i have considered the VT1 as well. they made the 04's have a more upright riding position though, and i like the relaxed riding style of the enduro. but i will take a look at the guzzler. i just know that there has to be a whole bunch of solid choices but all i ever hear about is specialized, giant, etc. i am not even sure if kona has a bike comparable to these....i have been out of the bike shopping loop for awhile.

·
Registered
668 Posts

·
Get out of town!
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have never seen a yeti :-/

I have been waiting for a price drop on the 04 Enduro Expert which I thought would take place in September. Someone told me today that it would be more like Dec/Jan? Does that sound right? I will definately buy something at the end of August/ early Sept. So far my local bike shop has this bike at $2250 which is a pretty goood price, but I would love to get it right at $2000. But if the prices don't drop until December.....I got the bug.

·
Ride lots...
898 Posts
Go with the Enduro

Go with the Enduro. I got my Enduro Expert 2 months ago and I love it. I was able to pick mine up for $2000--my LBS was having a sale. Anyway, I absolutely love it. It climbs very well and soaks up downhills. The TALAS performs very well(duh!). Specialized spec'd it pretty well for a $2000 bike. I have switched to clipless since this pic was taken.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.