Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
The Dude abides
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding this past Sunday, one of my buddies pulled out some chilled sliced watermelon. Boy, did that hit the spot!! After a great ride, what do you think is the best after ride food to be consumed in the parking lot, before heading home?

BEER DOESN'T COUNT (cause it's a given! :thumbsup: )

·
A Gentleman and a MTBR'
583 Posts
beer doesn't count...

I was going to ask why you even asked, beer being the obvious choice.

I crave cheeseburgers of the highest quality after a long (usually morning) ride. I seek out the best cheesburger I can find nearest my car, usually Ikedas, otherwise I'll go to In 'n' Out burger. I do usually have an apple, grapes, or some sort of fruit for after rides too.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,194 Posts
A deep tissue massage, complete with 'happy ending', while sipping on a Pisco Sour, as you watch the sun set over the pacific ocean?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
coloradocoullion said:
After riding this past Sunday, one of my buddies pulled out some chilled sliced watermelon. Boy, did that hit the spot!! After a great ride, what do you think is the best after ride food to be consumed in the parking lot, before heading home?

BEER DOESN'T COUNT (cause it's a given! :thumbsup: )
Beer.. oh wait.

I think its fun to change it up, one of my more memorable solo rides ended with me eating a good BBQ sammich and drinking a post-ride beer in a swimming hole near the trailhead.

Chilled fruit is about the most refreshing though, some of my faves are oranges, canteloupe, pineapple, granny smiths, and kiwis.

Of course, it doesn't alwys have to come from your car. We have a trail that starts in the parking lot of a local place that makes killer nachos and a wicked patron margarita and has a deck w/ sweet view. That's one of the nicer post-ride combos if you ask me.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hot, humid rides in the tropics (I'm in Central America right now): Sandia en Agua (watermelon blended with sugar and water and ice... a local favorite).

Any other rides when I'm in California: Whatever's coldest and quickest...

Freezing cold winter night rides: a thermos of hot chocolate.

I remember seeing a story somewhere that skim milk was one of the best "post-workout" drinks you could possibly have, being better than any commercial "recovery" drinks. I'll have to chase down that story. Probably not as refreshing as a good beer though. Or a chilled watermelon.

·
Live, Freeze, and Ride
315 Posts
Originally Posted by adjunkie
a fattie in the lot and on the way home, and sometimes the remnants of my powerbar.

I can't believe I forgot about that!

I guess I actually can...

stubecontinued I'm LMAO,
...wait maybe it's because I didn't forget, well I can't remember, but that was really f*&ing funny

I used to love a carne asada burrito from Los Betos (open 24hrs & around the corner) when I lived in Tucson. Oh and gotta have an Horchata to drink! It would be in my water bottles if I could keep it really cold!

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,955 Posts
hell -- just about ANYTHING!! after water/gels/bars, real food/drink is like sex!

ok, ok....last wife ROCKED 3-cheese quesadillas w/ green onions; anything cooked fresh, like the mixed beggies she used to get; once, had bourbon chicken w/ sauteed cabbage greens -- needed a hummer to match THAT satisfaction!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I personally crave Chinese food after a ride. A nice bowl of steamed rice and beef really hits the spot, washed down with a beer, of course!

·
ravingbikefiend
2,322 Posts
Water... lots and lots of water.

The watermelon sounds good and it's pretty much all water itself.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts