Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my kid is 13 years old, and hes tiny, i've been trying to help him learn how to bunny hop but he says "i just cant get the back wheel up." any advice? his bike is the womans DRT 1.1 ina meduim, and he can bunny hop on to benches with his bmx.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
so my kid is 13 years old, and hes tiny, i've been trying to help him learn how to bunny hop but he says "i just cant get the back wheel up." any advice? his bike is the womans DRT 1.1 ina meduim, and he can bunny hop on to benches with his bmx.
By "tiny" how do you mean, how tall? If he's on a M size 27.5 (and tiny) is it simply a case of a bike that's just too big for him?

Everything is easier on smaller wheels I've found in watching my kids grow through bike sizes, except for carrying speed and rolling over trail obstacles (again, at speed).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By "tiny" how do you mean, how tall? If he's on a M size 27.5 (and tiny) is it simply a case of a bike that's just too big for him?

Everything is easier on smaller wheels I've found in watching my kids grow through bike sizes, except for carrying speed and rolling over trail obstacles (again, at speed).
he's 5'1" and about 80 pounds.. he was able to bunnyhhop a 26" roadbike but not this... would spinning weight matter?

the reason he has a M is because he bought it from his older sister since she was moving and couldn't take it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
This is just a matter of the big being to big for him. Tell him to give it some time, it will come. A road bike is a completely different animal than the MTB. They are twitchy and lightweight compared to the 27.5 mtb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.