Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Best Active Travel Vacation company......

I have traveled with Backroads twice(Utah and Death Valley) and each time I loved it. The food was impeccable, the planning was outstanding; in short, there was nothing wrong with the trip. But over the years prices have increased for their trips, and a 6 day camping trip now costs $1698 I believe.....it was $798 if memory serves when I went to Utah in 1997.

Does anyone have any good ideas for alternatives to Backroads? I have looked at Western Spirit also, though have never booked with them.

TIA for any ideas.

·
Registered
666 Posts
brianthebiker said:
I have traveled with Backroads twice(Utah and Death Valley) and each time I loved it. The food was impeccable, the planning was outstanding; in short, there was nothing wrong with the trip. But over the years prices have increased for their trips, and a 6 day camping trip now costs $1698 I believe.....it was $798 if memory serves when I went to Utah in 1997.

Does anyone have any good ideas for alternatives to Backroads? I have looked at Western Spirit also, though have never booked with them.

TIA for any ideas.
I did a SW Utah trip a few years back with Western Spirit.
Great guides, trails, food, and group of people.
I'd definitely recommend them.
But they're not cheap either.
Lenny

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lenny said:
But they're not cheap either.
Lenny
That is why I thought there must be local outfitters in Moab or some other place out west which are bare bones operations compared to Western Spirit, but do a nice job nonetheless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.