Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
let freedom ring!
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the Marzocchi Z1 for around that price. Is anyone riding the Z1 on the Reign? What other forks are there in that price range that would be good for the Reign? Any input would be great!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
The new Z1 10th Anniversay fork looks....

The new Z1 10th Anniversay fork looks pretty sweet. I had a 2005 Z1FR1 and it was a really nice fork. I had it on my Heckler. I sold it to buy a Pike 454 Air U-Turn and that fork is amazing but it has 140mm of travel instead of the 150mm on the Z1's. I would also take a look at the new Marzocchi All Mountain line. Their SL1 series of forks look very good on paper. I'm not sure of the prices on these forks but would think they are in the ballpark of your price range. The Lyrik 2-Step Air is the fork I'd like to have but they are pricey.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
Get Lost said:
I am looking at the Marzocchi Z1 for around that price. Is anyone riding the Z1 on the Reign? What other forks are there in that price range that would be good for the Reign? Any input would be great!
Colorado Cyclist has the Manitou Travis 150 with Intrinsic for $319. It's a super dope fork!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Damn, that's a hell of a deal!

mattsavage said:
Colorado Cyclist has the Manitou Travis 150 with Intrinsic for $319. It's a super dope fork!
That's an incredible deal. I've never had a Manitou fork but I've had a couple of their rear shocks and been very happy with them and their Customer Service has been excellent!!!!
For that price, it makes me want to give one a try.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a Travis single 150 TPC+ on my coiler. It's a great fork. A little taller then the Z1 at 542 mm a-c.
Not sure about the weight because the answer website says 6.5 lbs but the catalog 5.6. probably they mixed the weights with the single 180.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
67degrees said:
That's an incredible deal. I've never had a Manitou fork but I've had a couple of their rear shocks and been very happy with them and their Customer Service has been excellent!!!!
For that price, it makes me want to give one a try.
I don't think you'll be dissapointed. I have a 203 and a 180, both single crowns, and their the sweetest forks I've ridden, hands down. I'll be pickiing up a 150 here soon, as long as they don't run out.

·
hardcore on the bunnyhill
159 Posts
I love that z1 fr that the last guy mentioned. Of course I'm a bit partial to Marzocchi myself. What is the most important to you? Weight, strength, smooth travel, adjustablility, looks, etc.?

·
let freedom ring!
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
strength and smoothness is most important. I'm not a weight watcher on this bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.