Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, I read some positive feedback on these forums about the Club Ride Woodchuck liners which were described as "3 hour liners." I was a bit skeptical when I received them because they seemed a bit skimpy but they did in fact perform well as 3 hour liners. Can you recommend any other 3 hour liners made to this level of quality? Also, what liners do people wear when they want to bike for 6-8 hours?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Last year, I read some positive feedback on these forums about the Club Ride Woodchuck liners which were described as "3 hour liners." I was a bit skeptical when I received them because they seemed a bit skimpy but they did in fact perform well as 3 hour liners. Can you recommend any other 3 hour liners made to this level of quality? Also, what liners do people wear when they want to bike for 6-8 hours?
Always brand just says they are for "all day protection" so I'm sure they'd be good for 3 hours too.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
I've gotten bibs from amazon for $30, baleaf pro 2. Plenty of padding and they're not super high at the waist like some bib's can be, making trail side pit stops a breeze.

You don't have to break the bank to find decent gear.

·
Formerly of Kent
13,208 Posts
I'd love to try them and probably will some day but the price :eekster:

I need to keep at least 3 or 4 pairs in rotation and don't have 1k to drop on them.
My wife bought me the S9 RS for my birthday for under $200. I have three other pairs of Assos bibs, purchased NWT, never more than $140 a piece.

There are a couple of websites that deal exclusively in NOS (meaning, last year's stuff). SwissIconic dot com is one, but because Assos has a new line out, their cupboard is pretty empty right now.

One thing about Assos bib shorts is that they will last far longer than anything else out there. And, free repairs for life (well, aside from shipping).

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Wow, I can't fathom spending anything over $100 for cycling shorts. Just seems excessive.

My expectations couldn't be met is all I'm saying.

·
Formerly of Kent
13,208 Posts
Depends on what you're after.

I ride 6 or 7 days a week, every week, all year. I had one pair of Assos bibs in my rotation for most of a year, with two other pairs from other brands. I always wash them all at the same time, in a mesh bag. The Assos pair have had no degradation, where the others have shown significant wear in the material and chamois.

You get what you pay for. In addition to durability and service, they are also just flat out more comfortable than anything else I've ever used.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Right on, I guess its just the roadie in me. Seen too many pairs of shredded shorts to be considering the top of the line stuff at full retail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.