Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 P1 and i cant stand the stock shoch its way to soft and bottoms out due to my weight im 6'8 and 265 and lossing weight but need a good fork that can take abuse as i am not easy on things and ride hard

i believe u get what you pay for so i have about 700 to spend although i dont wanna spend that much if i dont have to i have been lookin at fox and rock shock

if u can please include a link if u have a good recommendation

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would have to have it stripped and powder coated lol but i would prefer something i could just put on and not require a new wheel set just yet

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
biggoofy1 said:
i would have to have it stripped and powder coated lol but i would prefer something i could just put on and not require a new wheel set just yet
Good DJ forks do not come with QR lowers...if you want a good fork for a P1, your going to need a 20mm axle front wheel.

·
BIG and Bald
399 Posts
Good Dirt Jump forks DO come with quick releases. Check out the Marzocchi line of DJ forks. This is what I had installed on my Kona Hoss and it is still going strong today.

Check the Marzocchi DJ 2. You'll be just fine.

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is there another model with more dampening adj after lookin alittle more i think i just might have to build a new set of wheels

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
FireBallKY said:
Good Dirt Jump forks DO come with quick releases. Check out the Marzocchi line of DJ forks. This is what I had installed on my Kona Hoss and it is still going strong today.

Check the Marzocchi DJ 2. You'll be just fine.
DJ2=POS

I guess your definition of quality is different than mine. If you mean a fork that will survive a nuclear holocast then yes...the DJ2 is a quality fork. If you mean a fork that actually performs well...the damper in the DJ2 is a joke, ported with no adjustments...terrible.

Like I said, no quality DJ forks are available in QR:nono:

As it is, the OP has provided the information that was needed with the original post which is he owns a P1 All Mountain. I would not recommend sinking $700 into that bike, instead a Tora 318 Solo Air which has a FAR superior damper to the DJ2 (not to mention 2lbs lighter) and works very well for a Clyde would be a solid choice for that bike.

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why would u say not to sink money into it all that i plan to have stock when im done is the frame and i dont wanna do fs for a long while seeing as i am on the east coast and dont need it

·
BIG and Bald
399 Posts
biggoofy1 said:
is there another model with more dampening adj after lookin alittle more i think i just might have to build a new set of wheels
Just trying to find you a solution without high expendature. I've got nothing but good to say about my DJ fork. Is it the best on the market...absolutely not. Is it dependable and does it get the job done...absolutely.

You said you didn't want to have to get new wheels but seems like you might have to...OR just throw your bike into a landfill and let mtnbiker72 build you something worthy of his expertise. :thumbsup:

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well my lbs just ordered me a rock shock recon 120mm and it will be here next week for me to look at if i dont like it i will be ordering the other version with a 20mm axle and i will have a wheel set made for the bike

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i ordered the rock shox recon 120mm and got a set of mavic deetracks for the 20mm QR i cant wait to ride them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.