Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't tell if the FR Trail Conditions thread was still intended to work, or if peeps were being bounced to outside sites, so am posting this here.

Bergen Peak/Elk Meadows has held up decently. The pics below were from Sunday, the 20th (had to get out to ride b/c that Broncos/Raiders game was making me sick). So its before the recent snow, however, just took my dog up there on our lunch break as its right across street from my office. Lower trails are just about all rideable: well packed and its been consistently cold enough to keep them that way.

Upper Meadow View (where these pics were taken) has become a bit more difficult. Snow has drifted up to 12" in spots and none of it is very packed down, so there's a lot of sinking, which wasn't much fun. Didn't even bother checking Bergen Pk. or Too Long.

Assuming no new accumulations, Upper Meadow View should be packed down and ridable by NYE, although being the start of the week now it may take a bit longer.

Attachments

·
t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
4,767 Posts
Anybody have any updates?

Wonderin if lower stuff is packed down from foot traffic. Dont mind a little hike a bike but more riding would than walking would be better! :thumbsup:

Was thinking not attempt bergen peak, or maybe .....but definately down elk ridge!

Tryin to put together a little BD ride tomorrow, anybody else want to join mid morning/ afternoon?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lower trails are packed down enough to ride, provided you get out there early. Hiked there yesterday with the dogs. Was getting pretty soft; this was around 3pm or so. Also, since I was on foot and it was only a lunch break I didn't make it up high. I'm pretty sure, though, Elk Ridge is fine for descending regardless. Climbing it may be a bit of a mess.

I'd love to meet up with folks if I don't go skiing. Central mtns. supposed to get hit with snow tonight thru Friday. If this storm does what "they" say it will do I'll be on boards, but if it peters out I'd love to get on the trail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.