Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a 2007 specialized hardrock sport disc with shimano 415 brakes. the rotors were bent, i bent them somewhat back into place, and now, while the wheels turn, there's some rub against the pads. i've already ordered new rotors. should i replace the pads as well when i change the rotors? or can i use the old pads for a while even though they probably will be pretty worn and uneven by the time i get the new rotors installed? if i do need new pads, can anyone recommend a good econo set?

i should note that i probably won't have the rotors for several weeks at least. i live in africa and am having the rotors sent to a friend's house in the states, who will then ship them over here to me. there's no lbs for me to visit, and it's hard to get stuff in the mail so i want to make sure i get what i need in one shipment.

i've never had a bike with disc brakes before so i'm kinda in the dark.

·
Official ***** Idiot
333 Posts
Unless the rotor is bent sideways across the brake track, no. No need to replace the pads, they're not going to wear unevenly. I always keep a couple of spare sets around anyway, different compounds for different weather/trails, so I would order a set anyway, just keep them aside for when these do wear out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.