Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I took my Gary Fisher Tass Disc in to day for check up and to fix the rear wheel. We left it was all good no prob. Use the beater bike to go with some friends to these new jumps that are SWEET. I was even planning to hit the first of a four Pack(would have been the biggest jump I have ever done) get home didn’t do it b/c didn’t have my bike. Get home my dad tells me that the guy from the shop called and said that my back rear triangle was bent 3/8th of an in. I can get a new frame (hopeful) for free under warranty. I think I might try to get a deal on a Bigg’n frame, mainly the bitter. Cus im doing a lot of riding and need a stronger frame. For DJ, Trial, Urban, all XC and just riding.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
the bitter, opie, mullet, and GED, all aren't good for XC riding. so if you want something comfortable to take to the trails to ride XC these frames have horrible geometry for xc. i've ridden a GED and it sucked for that kind of ridingk, but it jumped ok.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I built up one of the biggns frames as my all around do everything bike. Not great for xc but its not bad either. As long as you are not racing xc you will be fine on it. The bike jumps well and is very nimble. Which biggns frame you get doesnt matter because they are all the same frame. I think mine is a mullet (whatever the electric blue one is.) I have it set up with a 5 inch Marzocchi, truvativ hussefelt 22/32/bash crankset, Sun Ryno Lites, etc. Ive been pretty happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.