1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pisgah Area SORBA is having a group ride this Sunday 1/28/07
Where: starting and ending at The Rice Pinnacle Parking Area in Bent Creek
When: Gather at 10:45am Roll at 11:00am

Route and distance will depend on what the group wants to do but this is supposed to be a longer epic type ride. Something like 35 miles. Pack a lunch!

You don't have to be a member to get in on the fun but we would be happy to sign you up.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Wait a tic, you mean I post up a ride on a day that there is a PAS meeting and get my butt handed to me.

Now there is a ride on a workday and nobody is going to say anything. . .

Wrong I tellya, y'all's pickin' on the Tomato :D

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Now that all your 'maters are belong to us.... Add this groups link to your list of things to check in to every now and then.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pisgah_SORBA/

Where to go on weekends was pretty much agreed to be personal choice, physical ability and guilt complexes. It's hard for me to ride TP, but I can make it and feel like I contribute a bit to the work. I can't hike very far, so walking isn't an option. I will probably plan on helping out with the Bent Creek ride, as I have had several new riders mention interest in taking a "short version" of this trip.

Recruits for trail crew!

Actually - I plan to ride from Bent Creek to Turkey Pen, work four hours and back ride home. Or, I just might go to Tsali.

Thanks for joining PAS tommytoe.

:thumbsup:

·
2,652 Posts
I know you're a player. Good thing Brad destroyed the film, but people still talk about it....

:D

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've cloned myself so I can go to both. I was gonna go riding while I sent my clone to dig ditches. Only problem is I've lost track of who's who and I can't tell if I'm me or the clone. We look so much alike. It's a very wierd sensation. Anyways, we will be at both.

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Heeyyyyyyyy..... I'm all ready to go out to Turkey Pen and dig in the dirt with you guys... Been waiting all week to actually get out there and you know, give back... and all that's going to be out there is Maida's clone?!?
Someone give me a call at home two-five-eight nine-four-one-eight and let me know what's up! KEN! I need to talk to you anyways, give me a call man!

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was there and there. Went to the group ride. Listened to some excuses. Tagged along with some road racing club folks for a short ride (1 hour) at bent creek. Actually led them up to ingles field gap and felt good about being able to hang with such strong riders. Something tells me they could have blown by me at any moment. Then went over to Turkey Pen to dig ditches. Dug 2 ditches. Man it was cold. Squirrel gap is looking real nice. There are still 2 or 3 sections that need a big effort. We didn't have a big enough group to tackle them on Sunday. I think if the weather is a bit better we will get to it next month. Now if somebody could fix the little road to tukeypen trail head. My little sedan was scraping bottom all the way down that road.

·
2,652 Posts
Sorry I had to bail on the ride! Besids the guy who changed outfits twice - that red made my eyes hurt - the metal in my leg just wasn't going to warm up in that kinda of cold.

Hope to hear now about the trail work.

:thumbsup:

Next time, I'll bring my meds:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.