Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
My guess is pretty good. As dry as it is out there i doubt the afternoon showers and the rain from yesterday have had little effect. I rode it Sunday and the rains didn't make a dent. As far as maps go, they have them at the keyosk (sp?) at the entrance to the forest but they are a little dated (2004) . I moved here a little over a month ago and used it for a while to get a general idea of the place. It can be a little complicated at first to navigate around the first few rides.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
The whole place dries out very well. If you don't know your way arround I suggest you just hook up with whoever is in the parking lot. Most locals will be happy to show you around. There are several after work group rides during the week and Pisgah Area SORBA has a group ride every sunday at 11:00 from Rice Pinnacle parking area.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Trails that drain and dry out fast after rains is not luck, it the design and construction of the trail.

We had folks contact me after Hurricane Ivan as they had been on trails we had built in DuPont. It rained 19" in 24 hours during that storm event. The email said:

"Woody, we rode Laurel Ridge Trail yesterday. We now understand all of your talk about sustainble trails and good design. The storm did no damage at all to your work, and the trail was dry the day after the rains and we had a great ride"

That is what it is all about.

If the trails are muddy and sloppy, there is a design and construction problem (of which there are many).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.