Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an almost new crankset. Being a clyde I went for what I thought was sturdy--a Truvativ Hussefelt. Today when I was adjusting my derailleurs I was having an awful time getting the front right. It kept rubbing at certain extreme gears. I got on to ride it and as I was riding I saw the problem when I was looking down from up above. There must be an ever so slight bend to my big chainring, as I could watch the chain move from the far left side of the derailleur cage when my pedal was up, to the far right when the pedal was down.

Anyone known if it's possible that the shop might have misthreaded it when they put it in for me and this would account for the bend? I never noticed it before, and it's minor, it just seems to be really early in the cranks life for it to already be bent. I would just pull it myself but I don't have the wrench for the wierd isis (not the normal isis) BB that comes with it. So I was hoping someone could let me know if I'm way offbase before driving my bike down to the shop. Thanks!

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
I would suggest taking it back to the shop, let them know you were riding & you noticed the chainring rubbing the deraillure. As long as there are no impact marks on the sprocket they should be able to resolve the problem at no charge to you since you allready paid. Dont go back pointing fingers jumping up & down just stay calm & let them see the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts